Our website contains general information about the Open OnDemand project.
Throughout this documentation we will start highlighting community contributions to the project, including linking to external useful projects or extensions such as PSC’s Jupyter Notebook extension for manipulating the environment post launch.
If you have an app or extension that may be useful to others in the OnDemand community please share on our Discourse instance and we can then also add it to this documentation site.
These are institutions who were early adopters or provided HPC resources for development and testing of the resource manager adapters currently available. The success of this project would not be possible without their generous support (in alphabetical order):
- Bowdoin College for help with the SGE adapter.
- George Louthan, formerly of Tandy Supercomputer Center, for early adoption and help with LSF adapter.
- Oregon State University for help with the SGE adapter.
- Pittsburgh Supercomputer Center for early adoption and help with the Slurm adapter, platform feedback, and webinar participation.
- Texas A&M High Performance Research Computing for early adoption and help with the LSF adapter, platform feedback.
- Tufts Technology Services HPC Research Computing for early adoption and help with Slurm adapter development, platform feedback, and webinar participation.
- UCLA Institute for Digital Research and Education for help with the SGE adapter.
- University of Arizona HPC for early adoption and help with the PBSPro adapter, platform feedback, and webinar participation.
- University at Buffalo Center for Computational Research for early adoption, platform feedback, and collaboration on the next major version of Open OnDemand, 2.0.
- University of Utah for early adoption and help with the Slurm adapter, platform feedback, and webinar participation.
- Add Cluster Configuration Files
- Resource Manager Configuration
- Customization Overview
- Message of the Day (MOTD)
- Add URLs to Help Menu
- Add Shortcuts to Files Menu
- Set Upload Limits
- Whitelist Directories
- Set Default SSH Host
- Set SSH Allowlist
- Shell App SSH Command Wrapper
- Fix Unauthorized WebSocket Connection in Shell App
- Custom Job Composer Templates
- Job Composer Script Size Limit
- Custom Error Page for Missing Home Directory on Launch
- Control Which Apps Appear in the Dashboard Navbar
- Customize Text in OnDemand
- Disk Quota Warnings on Dashboard
- Balance Warnings on Dashboard
- Maintenance Mode
- Grafana support
- Disable Host Link in Batch Connect Session Card
- Set Illegal Job Name Characters
- Customize Dex Theme
- XDMoD Integration (BETA)
- v1.8 Release Notes
- v1.7 Release Notes
- v1.6 Release Notes
- v1.5 Release Notes
- v1.4 Release Notes
- v1.3 Release Notes
- v1.2 Release Notes
- v1.1 Release Notes
- v1.0 Release Notes
- OnDemand’s Known Issues
- File names with XML or HTML break display
- Problems uploading files
- Downloading forbidden directories fails silently
- Viewing large files causes problems
- Incorrect link in tree root
- NoMethodError when using a custom translation file
- Dashboard may be slow due to logic in ERB templates
- Batch Connect sessions do not contain much debugging info
- noVNC does not work with Safari and Apache Basic auth
- Multiline select does not work in MS Edge
- High output programs may freeze the shell
- Paste does not work in older versions of Safari
- RStudio and Upgrading Singularity 3 to minor version 5